Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Finally a change- Getting ready for Yellowstone!!



After being practically jobless for 3 months, my spirits have been low.  I have been in somewhat of a depressed state. My friends being my only momentary reprieve from these feelings.  I have felt bored, but no drive to do anything, I have felt exhausted, drained, and glum.

It seems as if I have put in applications everywhere... time and again.   I've had interviews, only to find out I am overqualified, under qualified, or given no explanation.  I've wanted to give up, but that is never a valid choice.   And finally, I revisited an option I had entertained and worked towards earlier this year. I re-submitted my applications to Yellowstone National Park.   They (as well as 6 other national parks and resorts) offered me a job several months ago that I had denied due to getting a job that seemed too good to be true.

I received a response back via e-mail earlier this week.  They have had several positions open up due to college-age employees returning to school. All I had to do was let them know if I wanted one, when I wanted one.  

I called Yellowstone yesterday evening, after finding out a promising position I interviewed for in town was a no-go, with the hiring manager avoiding my call back to him he asked me to make.    I accepted the position in Yellowstone National Park, through Xanterra.   I start this Tuesday the 28th!!

I am as excited as I can be!  I look forward to this Friday with my best friend, the packed weekend, and the change of scenery that I hope will snap me back to my more happy self.  

Anyhoo... Love and Peace to all!!



.... and if you want to find an awesome job, I always recommend coolworks.com

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You will have a great time I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you dearie!!!! :) I'm sure I shall! I'm leaving in about an hour!

      Delete