Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 1- Work, and Revisiting my College years

Yellowstone is a fantastic place to work, I don't think it could be anywhere better.  Fresh air, wildlife, and endless fun in my off-time.  But it is hard work... not mentally, but physically taxing.

I wake up at 6.30 in the morning.  I get ready and head to the Employee Dining Room by 7am.  I enjoy a decent breakfast, then I am off to work. I am a housekeeper at the Snow Lodge, and  I clean an average of 12-15 rooms a day... most of them having two beds.  It's an all day workout, and definitely shows in the weight I have lost. 


My part of the dorm room (left)... my messy roommate (right)


After work I head back to my dorm room.   All the dorms are different here... many of the dorms have bigger rooms with a private bathroom in each room.  The dorm I am in seems to house most of the "right out of high school" kids.  This dorm really reminds me of college.  Shared bathrooms, and noisy kids.  But its not bad.  The crowd here, wherever you go, is fantastic.  The employees are nice, and all are thrilled to be in Yellowstone.   In the evenings after work I usually take a nice hot bath and relax either in the Old Faithful Inn, listening to live music,  or chilling' in my dorms common room, where often people have games going on.

I had best be off now... but I shall tell you about my days off here, the wildlife, and other fun stuff as soon as possible!



~*~ A video of live music at the Inn! ~*~



No comments:

Post a Comment